Get down off that chair, and really stretch that piriformis muscle. You’ll love it.
How to warm up and stretch the piriformis – It’s Yoga
Here’s a little yoga nugget from our Gentle Yoga for Low Back Care class. Sequence to warm up and create circulation in the piriformis muscle, then to S-T-R-E-T-C-H (stretch) that muscle out!
Some primary goals in doing yoga is to:
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Increase circulation
- Increase range of motion
- Release chronic contraction
- Increase strength of muscles around joints
- Identify dysfunctional movement patterns and create functional movement patterns.
Enjoy this little sequence!
Gail Pickens-Barger, over 20 years teaching experience. Call 409-727-3177. More articles for you to read!
- This just in, for Chronic Back Pain – Gentle Yoga for Low Back Care