Enjoy a little seated chair yoga dance fitness with Gail
In this video, we are inviting cardio dance fitness, but seated on the chair.
I am a licensed Zumba Instructor, with Core, Gold, Toning, Rhythms 2 specialties. Chair Yoga Dance
00:00 Hit the Road Jack
2:53 Shake Shake Shake Senora (BeetleJuice)
6:26 Grab Weights (optional) Zumba Mara’s Crazy Love
9:36 Me Gusta – Shakira
12:44 Grab Weights (optional) Bailando
16:47 Mambo Italiano
19:41 You’re the One That I Want
After about the second year of teaching adaptive chair yoga for the National MS Society (and had taken the Zumba Instructor training), I added 2 songs to our chair yoga class, to see if the students responded to it. Wow! They were so excited. Then I took the Zumba Toning (the 1lb or 2.5 lbs shaking sticks), so we could do some light weights along with the cardio dance fitness part.
You can easily do with Part 2 of the Chair Yoga Fitness program. But everyone gets really excited about this part, singing along, being a bit goofy, and having community with one another. I think they love it when I mess up. Ha. So enjoy this part, sing-along, make fun of me!
The main part is if you REST, you gonna RUST! Move it!
Chair Yoga Fitness: What do you need?
* A Chair * 1 – 2 lb weights on this workout.
* Maybe a kleenex or hand towel, cause you might sweat…you just might!
Cardio Dance Fitness Benefits:?
* Cardiovascular – get the heart muscle pumping, cause if you REST you gonna RUST.
* We also X or cross over, which is a alzheimer prevention technique. Music, crossing over the mid-line (Think BRAIN Gym for adults) is good stuff.
* Parkinson’s peeps benefit from this, again, it is dancing, music, muscle memory enhancement.
* Belonging – when you “sing” it makes you “feel” part of your community.
Discover how to: Ease back pain, lessen stress, increase flexibility, gain strength, cardio heart health, better balance, build bone mass, lower blood pressure, have higher quality sleep, and increased joint mobility…all through a regular practice of chair yoga. Remember, you don’t have to get down onto the floor to do yoga!